Mini Bargello Sunflower Workshop
Perfect precision is not required to create this stunning sunflower.
With my expert instruction, you will explore the world of colour to select fabrics for the flower, cut and sew your strips, and arrange your strips to create a wave-like effect (the Bargello). Transform the Bargello into an amazing sunflower adding the finishing touches with free motion zigzag.
Whether you’re a seasoned quilter or a beginner, you’ll leave this workshop with a beautiful Bargello Sunflower quilt that you can proudly display in your home.
Pattern purchase required.
- How to determine the value of a colour.
- How to create an eye pleasing fabric run.
- How to make a simple Bargello.
- How to make the sunflower as one unit using fusible web.
- Choosing a centre for the sunflower.
- Choosing a background that highlights the flower.
- Discussion of background quilting motifs.
- How to finish off the raw edges of the petals with a free motion zigzag stitch.
- A second border option.
- Instructions for creating a woven centre.
Don’t be afraid to create your flower in a different colour!
Jen taught our Guild a virtual class via zoom over 3 days-1 short intro and 2 days of class. We had homework in between our sessions Supporting emails with patterns and instructions were great as were the online demonstrations & instruction. Jen answered questions as we worked and she was very responsive to questions we emailed her. The Guild is already considering booking another virtual class.
- Session 1: one hour focusing on the supply list, fabric selection including how to choose fabrics for and create the colour run and pre-class work for session 2
- Session 2: 2.5 hours focusing on creating the Bargello run as well as background and border choices
- Session 3: 2.5 hours focusing on creating the flower and the free-motion zigzag stitch
Sessions include theory with slideshows, live demos and lots of time to work on the project and receive feedback from Jen
Some pre-class work is required to pick fabrics and assemble colour runs
Book Jen Now
Contact Jen today to choose the perfect trunk show or workshop for your guild
Jen is available to present trunk shows, seminars and workshops from an evening to multiple days for your group, club, guild, shop or festival wherever you may be.
For a list of Jen’s current engagements and workshops check out her workshop schedule.
Call Jen now at +1-705-835-3064 (or use the form below) to discuss your needs and book her in for your next get-together.