Just Scrap It!
Mastering the Art of Controlled Scrappy
“Just Scrap It” is all about exploring the captivating world of Controlled Scrappiness. Jen reveals her secrets of transforming ordinary blocks into beautifully coordinated scrappy blocks, unlocking the potential to create quilts that are both wonderfully scrappy and perfectly harmonized.
The heart of this workshop centres around a one-block quilt focusing on her Shuffled Bricks design for the workshop.
Colour and value are just two of the key elements to transform these one block quilts into dazzling designs.
Get ready to embark on this scrappy adventure with Jen as she guides you step by step.
Suitable for all levels of quilters.
- re-work the Shuffled Bricks block – how many designs can you create? Learn Jen’s method for transforming simple blocks.
- discussion and demo on creating controlled scrappy using coordinated scraps
- discussion on colour and value
- discussion on what fabrics to use – scraps, pre-cuts, yardage
- demo on my construction and chain sewing process for keeping everything organised while sewing
- lots of time to play, design and sew as well as ask quesitons
- Jen will show you how to create more advanced changes in the blocks for more elaborate quilt designs using some of her other single block quilt patterns
1-6 hr Session
2 – 3 hr Sessions
Sessions include theory with slideshows, live demos and lots of time to work on the project and receive feedback from Jen
Each class comes with a one hour zoom session prior to class to talk about supplies, fabric selections and pre-class work required
Book Jen Now
Contact Jen today to choose the perfect trunk show or workshop for your guild
Jen is available to present trunk shows, seminars and workshops from an evening to multiple days for your group, club, guild, shop or festival wherever you may be.
For a list of Jen’s current engagements and workshops check out her workshop schedule.
Call Jen now at +1-705-835-3064 (or use the form below) to discuss your needs and book her in for your next get-together.