Icons on the Landscape Art Quilt Workshop
Fabric collage is a fun and versatile technique that allows you to create beautiful works of art.
Join me for a one-of-a-kind workshop where you will create landscape icons that celebrate the beauty of nature. With my expert instruction, you will learn how to select fabrics, cut and arrange your pieces, and use a variety of techniques to create texture, depth, and visual interest in your art quilt.
Whether you’re a seasoned quilter or a beginner, you’ll leave this workshop with a unique piece that you can hang on your wall for all to admire.
Many icons are seen on the landscapes that surround us:
The Inukshuk surrounded by the northern lights.
A majestic Polar Bear wandering the frozen tundra as the sun sets.
A Lone White Pine is windswept on a rocky shore.
A Saguaro standing tall reaching towards the sky.
Pattern purchase required. Choose one of the 4 Icons patterns for the workshop.
- Use a collage to create the icons and some of the land features
- Choose a single fabric or a pieced background
- Learn easy couching and free-motion stitching to create northern lights (if appropriate)
- Create a colour wash sun using Quilter’s Grid
- Apply fusible web appliqué technique
- Discover how easy free-motion zigzag is to finish off the fabric edges on the collage
- 2 options for finishing the quilt – pieced binding or facing
- Alternate method to create the northern lights
- Alternate method of constructing the sun
- Session 1: one hour focusing on the supply list, fabric selection, background and pre – class work for session two
- Session 2: 2.5 hours focusing on fabric collage, northern lights and the sun
- Session 3: 2.5 hours focusing on putting the pieces together to create the stunning art quilt
Sessions include theory with slideshows, live demos and lots of time to work on the project and receive feedback from Jen
- Fabric selection and design considerations
- Creating fabric collages, northern lights and the sun
- Discussion and demos of different techniques that can be used to put all the pieces together to create the art quilt
- Finishing options
Book Jen Now
Contact Jen today to choose the perfect trunk show or workshop for your guild
Jen is available to present trunk shows, seminars and workshops from an evening to multiple days for your group, club, guild, shop or festival wherever you may be.
For a list of Jen’s current engagements and workshops check out her workshop schedule.
Call Jen now at +1-705-835-3064 (or use the form below) to discuss your needs and book her in for your next get-together.