Hi Everyone, welcome back. I am so excited today to announce that my Wild & Spectacular Flowers virtual workshop is open for registration. Click here to register now or continue reading about the workshop and then use the big blue button at the bottom of the page to register.
What is a public enrolment workshop?
Public enrolment means that anyone can sign up for the workshop as it is open to the general public and not a private event for a group such as a quilting guild or quilt shop. I’m opening up my quilting workshops to the public so that everyone can take part in my great workshops.
What is involved in this type of workshop?
Basically you sign up for the workshop in my store and then take part in the Zoom Class. Once you sign up a welcome package will be in your in box within 24 hours. Zoom links are sent out 5 days prior to class with a reminder the day before.
This workshop will be run over 2 sessions – June 1 & 17, 2023. Thursday June 1 will be an hour long session about supplies and fabrics required as well as information on creating a background. Session 2 is 5 hours long on Saturday June 17th.
What are you going to learn?
Working with intersting and funky fabrics of all colours and textures you will create a flower that becomes the focal point of your quilt. Explore background and border ideas that add dimension, texture and interest to the piece but do not over power the focal point.
Learn how to finish off the flower and add detail to each petal by using the technique of free motion zigzag. It’s as easy as colouring outside of the lines.
- What kinds of fabrics to choose for the focal point – funky, wild, bright, bold! Or if you prefer something soft and calming.
- How to make the flower as one unit using fusible web.
- Choosing fabrics for the background. Use up scraps from a leftover project or start with a clean slate of fat quarters.
- How to create an interesting border and background. Use half square triangles to create a textured background.
- Discussion of background quilting motifs.
- How to finish off the raw edges of the focal point with a free motion zigzag stitch.
- Adding texture to the background with thread play – displayed on photo below.
- Plus there will be some bonus features in the workshop that you really won’t want to miss.
So hop over to my store and sign up for the Wild & Spectacular Flower Workshop right now. It is going to be a lot of fun.
Embrace your wild side with free motion ZigZag!
Not a fan of free motion – no problem! I’ll explain how to do everything with a walking foot as well.
See you on June 1, 2023.