It’s All About The Lines Workshop
Half Square Triangles – oh, the possibilities are endless
This fun and exciting class focuses on creating multi-faceted half square triangles with multiple fabrics. You will construct several different blocks then put them together and make half-square triangles – maybe even some quarter-square triangles depending how adventurous you are.
Intentional, creative selection and orientation of the blocks is key to putting together a quilt with visual lines between blocks which create flow for the eye as well as secondary designs.
Quilting choices are just as important as the piecing in creating these stunning designs. There will be a discussion on how to enhance the lines with quilting.
- Discussion of fabric choice
- Review of different blocks suitable to this technique
- How to create an interesting layout that results in secondary designs for a modern or more traditional quilt design
- Session 1: One hour focusing on the supply list, fabric selection, block choices and pre-class work for session two
- Session 2: 2.5 hours focusing on creating the half-square triangle blocks and a design
- Session 3: 2.5 hours focusing on creating the design and quilting options
Sessions include theory with slideshows, live demos and lots of time to work on the project and receive feedback from Jen
- Fabric selection and block choices
- Creating the half-square triangle blocks and a design
- Review and selection of quilting options
Book Jen Now
Contact Jen today to choose the perfect trunk show or workshop for your guild
Jen is available to present trunk shows, seminars and workshops from an evening to multiple days for your group, club, guild, shop or festival wherever you may be.
For a list of Jen’s current engagements and workshops check out her workshop schedule.
Call Jen now at +1-705-835-3064 (or use the form below) to discuss your needs and book her in for your next get-together.